- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Cat's Cradle CD: Cat's Cradle CD
Cat's Cradle is Vonnegut's satirical commentary on modern man and his madness. An apocalyptic tale of this planet's ultimate fate, it features a midget as the protagonist; a complete, original theology created by a calypso singer; and a vision of the future that is at once blackly fatalistic and hilariously funny.
About the Author
Kurt Vonnegut was a master of contemporary American Literature. His black humor, satiric voice, and incomparable imagination first captured America's attention in The Siren's of Titan in 1959 and established him as "a true artist" with Cat's Cradle in 1963. He was, as Graham Greene has declared, "one of the best living American writers."
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(2 days)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(3 days)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(4 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(9 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(10 days)