- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A chameleon, an enigma, all things to all women -- a lifeline to which powerful needs and nameless longings may be attached -- Ken Kimble is revealed through the eyes of the women he seduces: Birdie, his first wife, struggling to hold herself together after his desertion; second wife, Joan, a lonely, tragic heiress who sees her unknowable husband as her last chance for happiness; and Dinah, a beautiful but damaged woman half his age.
About the Author
Jennifer Haigh is the author of four critically acclaimed novels, Faith; The Condition; Baker Towers, winner of the L.L. Winship/PEN New England Award for Fiction, and Mrs. Kimble, for which she won the PEN/Hemingway Award. Her short fiction has been published widely, including in The Atlantic, Granta, The Best American Short Stories 2012, and other publications. She lives in the Boston area.
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(1 day)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(2 days)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(3 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(8 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(8 days)