- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A chameleon, an enigma, all things to all women -- a lifeline to which powerful needs and nameless longings may be attached -- Ken Kimble is revealed through the eyes of the women he seduces: Birdie, his first wife, struggling to hold herself together after his desertion; second wife, Joan, a lonely, tragic heiress who sees her unknowable husband as her last chance for happiness; and Dinah, a beautiful but damaged woman half his age.
About the Author
Jennifer Haigh is the author of four critically acclaimed novels, Faith; The Condition; Baker Towers, winner of the L.L. Winship/PEN New England Award for Fiction, and Mrs. Kimble, for which she won the PEN/Hemingway Award. Her short fiction has been published widely, including in The Atlantic, Granta, The Best American Short Stories 2012, and other publications. She lives in the Boston area.
- Bruce Kawin -- "Selected Film Essays and Interviews"(17 hours)
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(1 day)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(6 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(7 days)
- Khaled Hosseini -- "And the Mountains Echoed"(8 days)