- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
How can a pint-sized, smart-ass eighteen-year-old make his mark on the world from Nowheresville, Idahoespecially when he only has one year left to do it? When Ben Wolf learns his senior year of high school will be his last year, period, he is determined to go out in a blaze of glory.
That means not letting anyone know about his diagnosis. It means trying out for the football team. It means giving his close-minded civics teacher a daily migraine. It means going for the amazingly perfect, fascinating Dallas Suzuki.
But living with a secret isn't easy . . . What will Ben do when he realizes he isn't the only person who's keeping one?
About the Author
Chris Crutcher has written nine critically acclaimed novels, an autobiography, and two collections of short stories. He has won three lifetime achievement awards for the body of his work: the Margaret A. Edwards Award for Outstanding Literature for Young Adults, the ALAN Award for Significant Contribution to Adolescent Literature, and the NCTE National Intellectual Freedom Award. He has been a child and family therapist with the Spokane Community Mental Health Center and is currently chairperson for the Spokane Child Protection Team. Chris Crutcher lives in Spokane, Washington.
- Boulder Ballet Storytime Reading of "The Firebird" and "Carnival of the Animals"(6 hours)
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(2 days)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(3 days)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(4 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(9 days)