- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Big Book of New Design Ideas
How do creative people create?Where do they get their ideas?For many, "brainstorm" sessions are a starting point. But huge numbers of creative people go through creative annuals or other books showing large amounts of work by top creative people. (Author David Carter calls this process "solitary brainstorming.") The Big Book of New Design Ideas was created for this specific purpose. Each piece was selected based on its potential to trigger an idea in the mind of the reader. Look at the logo section: you'll see a lot of different techniques there. Suddenly, you see a logo that "triggers" an idea. And that idea may have nothing at all to do with the one you just saw. That's pretty much how this book works. For everybody who uses the works of others to inspire their own ideas, this book is the one that should be on the shelf.
About the Author
A noted authority on the subjects of graphic design, logo design, and corporate branding, David E. Carter has produced over 100 best-selling books in those fields, including The Big Book of Logos, The Big Book of New Design Ideas, and The Big Book of Business Cards. He is currently working on several new corporate identity books.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(3 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(4 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(5 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(6 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(7 days)