- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Lucky and Squash
Lucky and Squash are next-door neighbors and best friends. But there's a locked gate between them, so they can never play together. If only their owners fell in love and got married, Lucky and Squash would be brothers. . . . Unfortunately, Miss Violet and Mr. Bernard have never even said hello to each other.
The only solution is for Lucky and Squash to run away together, leaving a trail of clues behind them. Then, when their owners come to the rescue, surely they will notice each other and fall in love. Won't they?
National Book Award winner Jeanne Birdsall tells the humorous, heartwarming story of two friends determined to be together, complemented perfectly by Jane Dyer's exquisite watercolors.
About the Author
When Jeanne Birdsall moved to Northampton, Massachusetts, her dog, Cagney, quickly made friends with Scuppers the Sailor Dog, who lives with Jane Dyer and her husband, Tom, in a hundred-year-old brick house in Northampton. Jeanne Birdsall is the National Book Award-winning author of The Penderwicks and its sequels, The Penderwicks on Gardam Street and The Penderwicks at Point Mouette.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(1 day)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(1 day)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(5 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(8 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(11 days)