- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Hunter's Best Friend at School
Hunter and Stripe are best friends. This young raccoon pair loves to do everything together, like dress in striped sweaters, read the same stories, and even eat the same lunch -- a crawfish sandwich, huckleberries, and milk. But when Stripe arrives one day at school in a mischief-making mood and starts stirring up trouble in Mr. Ringtail's class, should Hunter follow along?
Laura Malone Elliott and Lynn Munsinger introduce two delightful pals who will entertain young children as they also provide an important look at peer pressure and first friendships.
About the Author
Laura Malone Elliott is the author of the award-winning Hunter's Best Friend at School, Hunter's Big Sister, and Hunter and Stripe and the Soccer Showdown, also illustrated by Lynn Munsinger, as well as books for older readers (written as L. M. Elliott), including the highly praised Under A War-Torn Sky; its sequel, A Troubled Peace; Flying South; Annie, Between the States; and Give Me Liberty. She lives in Virginia with her husband and their two children.
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(3 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(6 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(9 days)
- William Ury -- "Getting to Yes with Yourself"(9 days)
- Sw. Shraddhananda aka Rev. Dr. Sonya Jones -- "Jesus Was a Shaktipat Guru"(10 days)