- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
The American classic about a young girl's coming-of-age at the turn of the century.
This P.S. edition features an extra 16 pages of insights into the book, including author interviews, recommended reading, and more.
About the Author
Betty Smith (18961972) was a native of Brooklyn, New York. Her novels A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Tomorrow Will Be Better, Joy in the Morning, and Maggie-Now continue to capture the hearts and imaginations of millions of readers worldwide.
Praise for A Tree Grows in Brooklyn…
“A profoundly moving novel, and an honest and true one. It cuts right to the heart of life. . . . If you miss A Tree Grows in Brooklyn you will deny yourself a rich experience.”
-New York Times
“One of the most dearly beloved and one of the finest books of our day.”
“One of the books of the Century.”
-New York Public Library
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(59 minutes)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(1 day)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(2 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(7 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(8 days)