- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Buddhism: A Concise Introduction
A concise and up-to-date guide to the history, teachings, and practice of Buddhism by two luminaries in the field of world religions.
About the Author
Huston Smith is internationally known and revered as the premier teacher of world religions. He is the focus of a five-part PBS television series with Bill Moyers and has taught at Washington University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Syracuse University, and the University of California at Berkeley. The recipient of twelve honorary degrees, Smith's fifteen books include his bestselling The World's Religions, Why Religion Matters, and his autobiography, Tales of Wonder.
Praise for Buddhism: A Concise Introduction…
“A valuable primer on Buddhism East and West, old and new.”
-David Loy, author of A Buddhist History of the West
“Those seeking to dip a toe into Buddhism will find this an inviting pond.”
-Dallas Morning News
“A useful primer for those new to the study of Buddhism.”
“This book is an impressive and accessible overview of the core teachings [of Buddhism].
-Inquiring Mind Magazine
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(1 day)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(7 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(7 days)
- Carl Lehrburger -- "Secrets of Ancient America"(8 days)