- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Jigs & Reels: Stories
Each of the twenty-two tales in this enchanting collection is a surprise and a delight, melding the poignant and the possible with the outrageous, the magical, and, sometimes, the eerily haunting. Wolf men, dolphin women, defiant old ladies, and middle-aged manufacturers of erotic leatherwear -- in Jigs & Reels the miraculous goes hand in hand with the mundane, the sour with the sweet, and the beautiful, the grotesque, the seductive, and the disturbing are never more than one step away. Whether she's exploring the myth of beauty, the pain of infidelity, or the wonder of late-life romance, Joanne Harris once again proves herself a master of the storyteller's trade.
About the Author
Joanne Harris is the author of seven previous novels—Chocolat, Blackberry Wine, Five Quarters of the Orange, Coastliners, Holy Fools, Sleep, Pale Sister, and Gentlemen & Players; a short story collection, Jigs & Reels; and two cookbook/memoirs, My French Kitchen and The French Market. Half French and half British, she lives in England.
- Jeff Wilson -- "The Greened House Effect"(19 hours)
- Bruce Kawin -- "Selected Film Essays and Interviews"(1 day)
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(2 days)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(7 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(8 days)