- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Friend of the Devil
Two murders . . . two towns . . .
A woman sits in a wheelchair perched on a cliff high above the sea, her throat slit from ear to ear . . .
In a maze of narrow alleys behind a market square, a teenaged girl has been murdered after a night of drunken revelries with her friends.
A pair of horrific crimes, the first—a seemingly senseless murder of a helpless paraplegic—falls to Inspector Annie Cabbot, on loan to a local police department. The terrible death of young Hayley Daniels becomes Chief Inspector Alan Banks's investigation.
But shattering revelations threaten to awaken the slumbering demons of earlier, darker times, and more blood is in the offing when the two cases brutally and unexpectedly collide.
About the Author
Peter Robinson's award-winning novels have been named a Best-Book-of-the-Year by Publishers Weekly, a Notable Book by the New York Times, and a Page-Turner-of-the-Week by People magazine. Robinson was born and raised in Yorkshire, but has lived in North America for more than twenty-five years. He now divides his time between North America and the U.K.
- Jeff Wilson -- "The Greened House Effect"(Now)
- Bruce Kawin -- "Selected Film Essays and Interviews"(1 day)
- Sil & Eliza Reynolds -- "Mothering and Daughtering"(2 days)
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"(7 days)
- Elana Amsterdam -- "Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry"(8 days)