- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
When you are alone, you can do all sorts of things -- pretend you are tiny (or enormous), hear things other people can't hear, and see things they can't see. Being alone is fine -- sometimes.
Kevin Henke's first book makes it clear that he remembers his own childhood and respects that time in others. His remarkable paintings have a life and luminescense that are unforgettable.
About the Author
Kevin Henkes is the author and illustrator of many books for children of all agesamong them are Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse, Chrysanthemum, and Wemberly Worried. He was awarded the Caldecott Medal for Kitten's First Full Moon, a Caldecott Honor for Owen, and a Newbery Honor for Olive's Ocean. He lives with his family in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(1 day)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(1 day)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(5 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(8 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(11 days)