- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Christmas in the Barn
What child is this
Who is born here
Where the oxen
Stomp and peer . . .
When Christmas in the Barn was first published in 1952, it demonstrated all of Margaret Wise Brown's mastery at skillfully fashioning a truly childlike interpretation of the Nativity story. For this larger, full-color edition, Caldecott Honor artist Diane Goode has created a new tableau of visitors to the barn that will delight generations of new readers.
About the Author
Few writers have been as attuned to the concerns and emotions of childhood as Margaret Wise Brown (1910-1952). A graduate of Hollins College and the progressive Bank Street College of Education, she combined her literary aspirations with the study of child development. Her unique ability to see the world through a child's eyes is unequaled. Her many classic books continue to delight thousands of young listeners and readers year after year.
Praise for Christmas in the Barn…
“A worthy addition to holiday shelves.”
-School Library Journal
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(2 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(3 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(4 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(5 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(6 days)