- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Fishing in the Air
Early in the blue-black morning, a father and son slip out of the house with their fishing poles and a can of worms. But this is no ordinary fishing trip. With their lines and bobbers, they cast high into the air to catch the breeze, the sky, the sun, and best of all -- some wonderful memories.
In her first picture book, Sharon Creech, author of the Newbery Medal winner Walk Two Moons, teams up with Caldecott Honor artist Chris Raschka to create a beautifully lyrical and richly imagined tale about the powerful bond between a father and son.
About the Author
Sharon Creech is the author of the Newbery Medal winner Walk Two Moons and the Newbery Honor Book The Wanderer. Her other work includes the novels The Unfinished Angel, Hate That Cat, The Castle Corona, Replay, Heartbeat, Granny Torrelli Makes Soup, Ruby Holler, Love That Dog, Bloomability, Absolutely Normal Chaos, Chasing Redbird, and Pleasing the Ghost, as well as three picture books: A Fine, Fine School; Fishing in the Air; and Who's That Baby? Ms. Creech and her husband live in upstate New York.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(1 day)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(2 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(3 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(4 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(5 days)