- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Griffin and the Minor Canon
The first of Frank Stockton's original fairytales re-illustrated by Maurice Sendak.
When a griffin shows great fondness for the sculpture of himself above the great door of the church, and equal admiration for the Minor Canon, the townspeople fear that the terrifying creature will live among them forever.
About the Author
Frank R. Stockton (1834-1902) published his first book, Ting-a-Ling, a collection of fairy tales, in 1870. From 1873 to 1881, he was assistant editor of St. Nicholas magazine, working with Mary Mapes Dodge. His writing career flourished in the last two decades of the nineteenth century, when he produced story collections, novels, and works of history for young readers, as well as nonfiction and fiction for adults, notably his story The Lady or the Tiger?
- David Gessner -- "All the Wild That Remains"(Now)
- Tara Dairman -- "The Stars of Summer"(1 day)
- Ann Stewart Zachwieja, Katie Wise, Yoon Park, and Eddy Jordan -- "Listen to Your Mother"(2 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Strange Angels"(7 days)
- David Loy -- "A New Buddhist Path"(7 days)