- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Sneakers, the Seaside Cat
Sneakers saw something.
It was yellow and pink on the outside....
Then he crept up to it and
On Sneakers' first trip to the seaside, his curious paws find surprises in the sand. There's a mischievous crab, playful shrimp, and a shell that echoes the roar of the ocean.
The lyrical prose of Margaret Wise Brown, beloved author of Goodnight Moon, and the masterful miniaturist paintings of Anne Mortimer perfectly capture the spirit and essence of one lone feline and the sea, too. Adapted from stories in the 1955 publication of Sneakers Seven Stories About a Cat, this picture book will find a happy home in the hearts of those who love cats and the seaside.
About the Author
Few writers have been as attuned to the concerns and emotions of childhood as Margaret Wise Brown (1910-1952). A graduate of Hollins College and the progressive Bank Street College of Education, she combined her literary aspirations with the study of child development. Her unique ability to see the world through a child's eyes is unequaled. Her many classic books continue to delight thousands of young listeners and readers year after year.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(Now)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)