- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
When Mount Vesuvius blew up in A.D. 79, ash, cinders, and stones buried a great city below the mountain.
Volcanoes are dramatic and powerful. There are thousands of them all over the earth. Franklyn M. Branley's clear text and Megan Lloyd's striking illustrations explore the fascinating subject of volcanoes—how they form and erupt, where they are found, and when you can expect a volcano to blow its top.
About the Author
Franklyn M. Branley was the originator of the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series and the author of close to 150 popular books about scientific topics for young readers of all ages. He was Astronomer Emeritus and former Chairman of the American Museum-Hayden Planetarium.
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(3 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(4 days)
- Tovar Cerulli -- "The Mindful Carnivore"(5 days)
- Hilary Hart -- "Body of Wisdom"(11 days)
- Marc Bekoff -- "Ignoring Nature No More: The Case for Compassionate Conservation" & "Jasper's Story"(12 days)