- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Father Like That
A boy knows all about fathers. He knows there are little things a father understands, like how to play checkers and when to bend the rules at bedtime. And he knows there are big things a father does, like banishing nightmares and spending special time with his son. Even if he doesn't have a father, a boy can imagine one just like that.
LeUyen Pham's tender drawings illustrate Charlotte Zolotow's timeless and timely appreciation of the special bond between fathers and sons.
About the Author
Charlotte Zolotow—author, editor, publisher, and educator—has one of the most distinguished reputations in the field of children's literature. She has written more than seventy books, many of which are picture-book classics, such as Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present and William's Doll. She lives in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York.
Praise for A Father Like That…
“Zolotow handles a delicate situation with compassion.”
“Powerful. The text captures the hopes and wishes of all children for the perfect parent.”
-School Library Journal
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(3 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(6 days)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "Blowout"(9 days)
- William Ury -- "Getting to Yes with Yourself"(9 days)
- Sw. Shraddhananda aka Rev. Dr. Sonya Jones -- "Jesus Was a Shaktipat Guru"(10 days)