- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
A Father Like That
A boy knows all about fathers. He knows there are little things a father understands, like how to play checkers and when to bend the rules at bedtime. And he knows there are big things a father does, like banishing nightmares and spending special time with his son. Even if he doesn't have a father, a boy can imagine one just like that.
LeUyen Pham's tender drawings illustrate Charlotte Zolotow's timeless and timely appreciation of the special bond between fathers and sons.
About the Author
Charlotte Zolotow—author, editor, publisher, and educator—has one of the most distinguished reputations in the field of children's literature. She has written more than seventy books, many of which are picture-book classics, such as Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present and William's Doll. She lives in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York.
Praise for A Father Like That…
“Zolotow handles a delicate situation with compassion.”
“Powerful. The text captures the hopes and wishes of all children for the perfect parent.”
-School Library Journal
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(1 day)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(2 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(3 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(4 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(5 days)