- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
The Old Dog
Once there was a dog who loved to run and jump and play. She was the best friend Ben -- or any little boy -- could have. But as Ben got older, so did his dog. One morning, Ben's old dog didn't open her eyes or wag her tail. She didn't even move.
Charlotte Zolotow's remarkable insight into a universal experience -- the hurt and confusion a child feels after his first encounter with death -- is poignantly echoed by James Ransome's striking oil paintings.
About the Author
Charlotte Zolotow—author, editor, publisher, and educator—has one of the most distinguished reputations in the field of children's literature. She has written more than seventy books, many of which are picture-book classics, such as Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present and William's Doll. She lives in Hastings-on-Hudson, New York.
- Deborah Frazier -- "Colorado's Hot Springs"(1 day)
- Travel Writing: A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(3 days)
- Nathaniel Vinton -- "The Fall Line"(3 days)
- Heather Sappenfield -- "The View from Who I Was"(7 days)
- Alexandra Fuller -- "Leaving Before the Rains Come"(10 days)