- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Sarah, Plain and Tall
"Did Mama sing every day?" Caleb asks his sister Anna."Every-single-day," she answers. "Papa too."
About the Author
Patricia MacLachlan is the celebrated author of many timeless books for young readers, including Sarah, Plain and Tall, winner of the Newbery Medal. Her novels for young readers include Arthur, For the Very First Time; The Facts and Fictions of Minna Pratt; Skylark; Calebs Story; More Perfect than the Moon; Grandfathers Dance; and Word After Word After Word. She is also the author of many much-loved picture books, including Three Names; All the Places to Love; What You Know First; Painting the Wind; Bittle; Who Loves Me?; Once I Ate a Pie; I Didn't Do It; and Before You Came, several of which she cowrote with her daughter, Emily. She lives with her husband and two border terriers in Williamsburg, Massachusetts.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin -- "The Bully Pulpit"(47 minutes)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(2 days)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(2 days)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(3 days)
- 25 Days of Grinch-mas Holiday Storytime, Featuring The Grinch!(9 days)