- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Stotan: A cross between a Stoic and a Spartin
It's the last swimming season for Walker, Nortie, Lion, and Jeff, and their coach is building their self-discipline in a grueling four-hour-a-day test of stamina designed to bring them to the outer edge of their capabilities.
As it turns out, Stotan Week is also the week in which secrets are revealed, and the four friends must draw upon their new strengths for an endurance they never knew they'd need.
About the Author
Chris Crutcher has written nine critically acclaimed novels, an autobiography, and two collections of short stories. He has won three lifetime achievement awards for the body of his work: the Margaret A. Edwards Award for Outstanding Literature for Young Adults, the ALAN Award for Significant Contribution to Adolescent Literature, and the NCTE National Intellectual Freedom Award. He has been a child and family therapist with the Spokane Community Mental Health Center and is currently chairperson for the Spokane Child Protection Team. Chris Crutcher lives in Spokane, Washington.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Orphan Master's Son"(1 day)
- Julie DuBose -- "Effortless Beauty"(2 days)
- How Do Books Get Published? A Seminar with Literary Agent Sara Megibow(3 days)
- Linda Kohanov -- "The Power of the Herd"(8 days)
- Suspense Quadrupled: Four Writers of Mystery(9 days)