- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Living on the Fault Line, Revised Edition: Managing for Shareholder Value in Any Economy
The fault line -- that dangerous, unstable seam in the economy where powerful innovations and savage competition meet and create market-shattering tremors. Every company lives on it; no manager can control it.
In the original edition of Living on the Fault Line, Geoffrey Moore presented a compelling argument for using shareholder value (or share price) as the key driver in management decisions. Moore now revisits his argument in the post-Internet bubble world, proving that the methods he espouses are more germane than ever and showing companies how to use them to survive and thrive in today's demanding economy.
Extending the themes of Crossing the Chasm and Inside the Tornado, his first two books on the dynamics of the high-tech markets, Moore shows why sensitivity to stock price is the single most important lever for managing in the future, both as a leading indicator of shifts in competitive advantage and as an employee motivator for making necessary changes in organizations heretofore impervious to change.
This revised and updated edition includes:
- A deeper emphasis on core versus context, which has emerged as the key distinction in allocating resources to improve shareholder value
- A new Competitive Advantage Grid that will aid managers in achieving and sustaining competitive advantage, the most important component in managing for shareholder value
- An expanded Value Discipline Model as it relates to the Competitive Advantage Grid
- Analysis of the powerful new trend toward core/context analysis and outsourcing production duties
- Updated models of organizational change for each stage of market development
As disruptive forces continue to buffet the marketplace and rattle the staid practices of the past, Moore offers a brilliant set of navigational tools to help meet today's most compelling management challenges.
About the Author
Geoffrey Moore is chairman emeritus of three consulting firmsThe Chasm Group, Chasm Institute, and TCG Advisorsall of which provide marketing strategy and organizational advice to leading high-technology companies. Moore is also a venture partner with Mohr Davidow Ventures, a California-based venture capital firm specializing in specific technology markets, including e-commerce, Internet, enterprise software, networking, and semiconductors.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(4 days)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(5 days)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(6 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(7 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(8 days)