- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Nobody can catch LUCKY CHUCK!
Speed along with Chuck in this reissue of a funny, fast-paced tale by one of America's most beloved authors, Beverly Cleary. You'll quickly learn what happens when safety rules are ignored and be fascinated by the detailed motorcycle drawings. J. Winslow Higginbottom's original pencil illustrations have been brightened with color to give Chuck's bike a clean red shine for this new edition.
Happy reading and riding!
About the Author
Beverly Cleary was born in McMinnville, Oregon, and until she was old enough to attend school she lived on a farm in Yamhill, a town so small it had no library. Her mother arranged to have books sent to their tiny town from the state library and acted as a librarian in a room over a bank. It was there that Mrs. Cleary learned to love books. Generations of children have grown up with Ramona Quimby, Henry Huggins, Ralph Mouse, and all of their friends, families, and assorted pets. Beverly Cleary continues to capture the hearts and imaginations of children of all ages throughout the world.
- From Our Shelves Fiction Bookclub Meeting -- "The Night Guest"(14 hours)
- Marilyn Krysl -- "Yes, There Will Be Singing"(1 day)
- Binx Selby & Linda Jade Fong -- "The Balancepoint Mealplan & Cookbook"(2 days)
- Matteo Pistono -- "Fearless in Tibet"(3 days)
- Travel Writing -- A Writing Workshop with Jayme Moye, 2014 Travel Writer of the Year(4 days)