- Store Info
- Calendar of Events
- Readers Guild
- Book Lists
- Educator Services
- Local Authors Corner
Search for Books
Fascinating for Latin learners and for Tolkien fans of all ages, The Hobbit has been translated into Latin for the first time since its publication 75 years ago.
In foramine terrae habitabat hobbitus. ( In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit. )
The Hobbit, is one of the world s most popular classic stories, appealing to adults as much as to the children for whom J.R.R. Tolkien first wrote the book. Translated worldwide into more than 60 modern languages, now Hobbitus Ille is finally published in Latin, and will be of interest to all those who are studying the language, whether at school or at a higher level.
In the great tradition of publishing famous children s books in Latin, professional classicist and lifelong Tolkien fan Mark Walker provides a deft translation of the entire book. His attention to detail, including the transformation of Tolkien s songs and verses into classical Latin metres, will fascinate and entertain readers of all ability, even those with only a minimal acquaintance with the language.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin -- "The Bully Pulpit"(1 day)
- Living Poets Society Poetry Bookclub Meeting -- "What Goes On"(3 days)
- Mary Rockwood Lane -- "Healing with the Arts"(3 days)
- Mirabai Starr -- "Saint Francis of Assisi", "Saint Teresa of Avila", and "The Showings of Julian of Norwich"(4 days)
- 25 Days of Grinch-mas Holiday Storytime, Featuring The Grinch!(10 days)